7th Feb 2022 06:49
(Alliance News) - Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC is weighing options for its infant nutrition unit, including a potential sale, Bloomberg reported on Friday.
Citing people familiar with the matter, Bloomberg said Reckitt is reviewing the business globally and has been informally gauging buyer interest in the operations. The business could attract offers from private equity firms or rival baby food makers, the people said, asking not to be identified because the information is private.
Bloomberg noted the sale would complete a reversal of Reckitt's largest-ever purchase, the USD17 billion acquisition of Mead Johnson Nutrition Co, made five years ago under former Chief Executive Officer Rakesh Kapoor. His successor, Laxman Narasimhan, sold the Chinese infant formula business to local buyout firm Primavera Capital for USD2.2 billion last year, exiting one of its largest markets.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-04/reckitt-benckiser-is-said-to-weigh-sale-of-infant-nutrition-unit
By Arvind Bhunjun; [email protected]
Copyright 2022 Alliance News Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Related Shares:
Reckitt