10th Dec 2018 11:33
LONDON (Alliance News) - Global Petroleum Ltd on Monday reported the rejection of six further appeals made against approvals granted to the company's applications in Italy.
The company said that the Administrative Tribunal in Rome rejected six appeals against the environmental decrees for the company's permit applications in the Southern Adriatic.
At the end of November, Global Petroleum had reported the rejection of two similar appeals.
Chief Executive Officer Peter Hill said: "We are gratified that the Tribunal has issued judgements so rapidly in relation to the vast majority of the appeals heard on November 20, once again rejecting all of those on which they have so far ruled.
"The expeditious rejection by the court of the appeals made by these six parties further strengthens our faith that all outstanding appeals will be similarly dealt with early next year."
The company was originally granted the environmental decrees in respect of four applications in October 2016.
However, "various entities" then appealed against the 2016 decrees, with a court hearing scheduled for October 2018 and a subsequent one in November.
So far, seven appeals in total have been heard, with six having being rejected by the Court.
Back in July 2017, Global Petroleum said it was taking steps to oppose appeals against environmental decrees over its permit applications in the South Adriatic sea.
Global Petroleum share were untraded at 1.75 pence each on Monday.
Related Shares:
Global Petroleum